The Importance of Self-Esteem In Children
Posted: March 20, 2019
A child who has healthy self esteem is armored against the challenges they will face when they go out into the world. This is because children who feel great about themselves will indeed have an easier time with things such as handling conflicts and overall, enjoying life. Kids who have a healthy level of self-esteem are also likely to be optimistic throughout life.
On the opposing side, kids with low self-esteem will find challenges which may include things such as frustration and anxiety. When a child, or even adult, thinks poorly of themselves, they have difficulty finding solutions to problems or believing they can resolve the issue themselves.
Child success with self-esteem is one who has a healthy level of self-worth and is crucial because all-in-all it has a direct impact on their choices and on their life. Self-esteem is directly connected to a child’s self value. It is the idea in which they have about themselves and just how important and valuable they believe themselves to be. It is how they will come to respect themselves.
Confidence in kids is important for several reasons which include:
- In order to believe they are worthy of being happy as well as worthy of respect.
- It is the first step in believing in themselves which builds confidence.
- A child’s self-esteem will directly impact a child’s thinking, how they feel, what they desire, what goals they may have, and what they value.
- With self-esteem a child can make a mistake yet still feel proud and respect without getting down on themselves.
- A child will not have a need to compare themselves to others when their self-esteem is at a healthy level because their confidence is strong.
- Children with healthy levels of self-esteem are more likely to make good decisions. This is because they will be able to approach problems, use control, and take action while remaining proud of their decision.
- With self-esteem in kids comes the ability to act independently and to take responsibility for their desires, actions, and goals.
- New Challenges are easier to take on as well have being able to handle criticism.
- It is a crucial part in finding personal happiness and greatly assists in fulfilling relationships and achieving what they desire.
- Overall, a child’s self-esteem will allow them to eventually be in control of their own life.
So you can see just how important self-esteem is for your child. It is one of the most important building blocks when it comes to their development and in becoming the best individual they can be.